Obninsk Nuclear Power PlantEdit profile
Obninsk Nuclear Power Station, (Russian: Обнинская АЭС, Obninskaja AES), was built in the "Science City" of Obninsk, about 110 km southwest of Moscow. It was the first civilian nuclear power station in the world. The plant is also known as APS-1 Obninsk (Atomic Power Station 1 Obninsk).Achievements
The single reactor unit at the plant, AM-1 ("Атом Мирный", Russian for Atom Mirny, or "peaceful atom"), had a total electrical capacity of 6 MW and a net capacity of around 5 MWe. Thermal output was 30 MW. It was a prototype design using a graphite moderator and water coolant. This reactor was a forerunner of the RBMK reactors.History
Construction started on January 1, 1951, startup was on June 1, 1954, and the first grid connection was made on June 26, 1954. For around 10 years, Obninsk remained the only nuclear power reactor in the Soviet Union; the power plant remained active until April 29, 2002 when it was finally shut down.
OpenBuildings updated a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via Annotator
OpenBuildings updated 2 digital references and added a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
stu312 updated a digital referenceabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Kiril Pavlov updatedabout 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com