This is a brief video about the history of St. Francis Career College's clinical site - O'Connor Hospital…
O'Connor HospitalEdit profile
O'Connor Hospital is a hospital operated by the Roman Catholic Church in San Jose, California. It was founded in 1889, and was the first hospital in Santa Clara County, California. O'Connor Hospital was built by Judge Myles P. O'Connor and his wife, Amanda. The original hospital was built on 15 acres (6.1 ha) of property on the corner of Race Street and West San Carlos Street.
The O'Connors were very well known as being benefactors of many charitable organizations. The O'Connors' first thoughts were to build an elderly home, however the demands of the community at that time was for a hospital. Patrick Riordan, Archbishop of San Francisco, suggested that a hospital should be built. The O'Connors then asked the Daughters of Charity to operate the hospital. Four Daughters of Charity moved into the facility on May 1, 1889.
"In 1953, O'Connor Hospital moved to its present site on Forest Avenue. Still affiliated with the Daughters of Charity Health System, the hospital continues to provide care with a special focus on the needs of the poor and underserved."About O'Connor Hospital
Mission and values
O'Connor Hospital, a member of the Daughters of Charity Health System, is a leader in promoting a healthy Santa Clara County. With the Daughters of Charity, O'Connor Hospital fosters the Catholic Church's healing ministry and is a values-based health-care organization.
Mission Statement: O'Connor Hospital's mission is to support the sick and the poor. A religious based non-profit organization, Jesus Christ is O'Connor Hospital's model. Providing healthcare that is caring and thoughtful to patient needs of body, mind and spirit.
Values of St. Vincent de Paul
- Recognizing our own value and the value of others.
- Compassionate Service
- Providing excellent care with gentleness and kindness.
- Acting with integrity, clarity and honesty.
- Advocacy for the Poor
- Supporting those who lack resources for a healthy life and full human development.
- Inventiveness to Infinity
- Being continuously resourceful and creative.
O'Connor Hospital's sole purpose is to serve the Santa Clara County and make the people in the community happy and healthier. To improve health care for everyone is a tradition. O'Connor Hospital has many Outreach Programs that are very helpful for all.Leaders
Guided by a mission and values, the leaders at O'Connor Hospital and Daughters of Charity work together to improve and provide better healthcare throughout their hospitals. The leadership team is made up of experienced health care executives.DCHS Board of Directors
- Robert Issai - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Father Gerald Coleman - Vice President, Corporate Ethics
- Sister Marjory Ann Baez, D.C. - Vice President, Mission Integration
- Stephanie Battles - Vice President of Human Resources
- Candace Burden-Caballero - Vice President, Revenue Cycle
- Hon. Conway Collis - Vice President of Advocacy and Chief Government Affairs Officer
- Robert K. Cook - Vice President, Risk Management
- Richard Hutsell - Vice President & Chief Information Officer
- Annie Melikian - Vice President, Operational Finance
- Elizabeth Nikels - Vice President, Communications
- Gaynor Rabin - Vice President of Managed Care Contracting and Payor Relations
- Mike Stuart - Chief Financial Officer
- Robert Walter - Vice President, Facilities Planning and Development
OpenBuildings updated a digital referenceabout 5 years ago via Annotator
OpenBuildings updated 2 digital references and added a digital referenceabout 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Georgi Sokolov updated 16 media, uploaded 4 media and updatedabout 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
Kiril Pavlov updated 5 media, updated and uploaded a media fileabout 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com