Nugget Point LighthouseEdit profile
Nugget Point Lighthouse is a lighthouse at Nugget Point in the Otago region of the South Island of New Zealand. It is owned and operated by Maritime New Zealand.
The light was built in 1870 and was originally fueled by oil. In 1949 the oil lamp was replaced with an electric one powered by a local diesel generator. This was subsequently replaced by a connection to the mains grid although the original lens for the light is still in place and used to this day. The light was fully automated in 1989 and is now managed from a control room in Wellington.