Northlake MallEdit profile
Northlake Mall is a major shopping mall in the Northlake area of unincorporated DeKalb County, Georgia, United States. The mall is near Tucker, Georgia, northeast of Atlanta along Interstate 285 at 4800 Briarcliff Road. It is owned and managed by Simon Property Group.
Northlake Mall opened in 1971 with original anchor stores Davison's, JCPenney, and Sears. Northlake was the fifth mall to open in DeKalb county, following Columbia Mall (later Avondale Mall) in 1964, North DeKalb Mall in 1965, South DeKalb Mall in 1968, and Perimeter Mall in 1971.
The mall was renovated in the early 1990s, and added Parisian as an anchor in the location of the former Piccadilly Cafeteria & McCrory's. This renovation also included a new food court area, and gave JC Penney a second mall entrance. After its acquisition by Belk, the Parisian location closed in 2007. A Kohl's store is now in the space where the Parisian store was.
Northlake Mall also briefly held one of the two fully signed Rich's-Macy's stores before reverting back to Macy's (which bought Davison's in 1925) in the old Davison's store.
Currently, the mall is anchored by JCPenney, Macy's, Kohl's, Sears, and Old Navy.Anchor stores
- JCPenney - 179,000 square feet (16,600 m2)
- Macy's - opened as Davison's and converted to Macy's in 1986, 187,000 square feet (17,400 m2)
- Sears - 199,000 square feet (18,500 m2)
- Kohl's - opened as Parisian, 100,000 square feet (9,300 m2)