North Richmond railway station, MelbourneEdit profile
North Richmond is a railway station in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, located in the suburb of Richmond, on the Epping and Hurstbridge railway lines. North Richmond is unmanned and is in Metcard Zone 1.
North Richmond is located at the southern end of the Victoria Street rail overpass, which also provides station access.
The station consists of two elevated side platforms; Platform 1 has a large pebblemix building, while platform 2 has a smaller pebblemix building. A large Metcard ticket vending machine is located at the entrance to platform 1, which is able to dispense most ticketing options available and also accept notes and coins. A coin-only Metcard ticket vending machine is located at the entrance to platform 2. Myki ticket vending machines are located at the entrances to platform 1 and platform 2.
North Richmond station opened on 21 October 1901. In 1981 the station buildings were reconstructed.
Platforms, services and connecting services
- Epping & Hurstbridge lines - all stations services to Flinders Street.
- Epping & Hurstbridge lines - all stations services to Epping, Greensborough, Eltham and Hurstbridge.
- Tram route 24 City (La Trobe Street/Spencer Street) - North Balwyn via Victoria Parade, Barkers Road, High Street, Doncaster Road (Peak Hour service only).
- Tram route 31 Docklands (Victoria Harbour) - Hoddle Street via Collins Street, St Vincents Plaza, Victoria Parade.
- Tram route 109 Port Melbourne - Box Hill via Port Melbourne light rail line, Collins Street, St Vincent Plaza, Victoria Parade, High Street, Cotham Road, Whitehorse Road.
Entrance to the city bound platform