North Grand Island Bridge

The North Grand Island Bridge carries Interstate 190 across the Niagara River between Grand Island, New York and Niagara Falls, New York. The toll plaza (total of 5 booths) are found on the Grand Island, New York side of the bridge.

The twin Truss arch bridges were built separately. The first span opened in 1935 and the second span in 1965. It is operated under the New York State Thruway.

Each bridge has two lanes for vehicular traffic in one direction.

The south end of bridge has toll plaza (on Grand Island, New York) for inbound traffic from Niagara Falls, New York. Lanes 1, 6 and 7 are for EZ-Pass users and the remaining lanes are manned toll booths.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via