North Ealing tube station
North Ealing is a London Underground station on the Uxbridge branch of the Piccadilly Line between Ealing Common and Park Royal. The station is located on Station Road, a short distance from the junction of Queens Drive and Hanger Lane ( A406, North Circular Road). It is in Travelcard Zone 3. West Acton station on the Central Line is located about 550 metres to the east at the other end of Queens Drive.

North Ealing station was opened on 23 June 1903 by the Metropolitan District Railway (MDR, now the District Line) on its new extension from north of Ealing Common to Park Royal & Twyford Abbey (closed and replaced by Park Royal in 1931), where the Royal Agricultural Society's Park Royal show grounds had been recently opened. The line was opened fully to South Harrow on 28 June 1903. This new extension was, together with the existing tracks between Ealing Common & Acton Town, the first section of the Underground's surface lines to be electrified and operate electric instead of steam trains. The Deep level tube lines open at that time ( City & South London Railway, Waterloo & City Railway and Central London Railway) had been electrically powered from the start. On 4 July 1932 the Piccadilly Line was extended to run west of its original terminus at Hammersmith sharing the route with the District Line to Ealing Common. From Ealing Common to South Harrow, the District Line was replaced by the Piccadilly Line and, from this date, District Line trains west from Ealing Common ran to Ealing Broadway only.

Building Activity

  • removed a media
    about 5 years ago via