New Tavern FortEdit profile
New Tavern Fort was built at Gravesend, Kent, England in the 1780s against the threat of invasion from France. It was one of the Palmerston Forts, also known as Royal Commission forts. The fort was extensively rebuilt by General Gordon about 1870. It was regunned in 1904. The large underground magazine complex is open April to September weekends and most public holidays.