New London Harbor LightEdit profile
New London Harbor Light is a lighthouse in Connecticut, United States, on the west side of the New London harbor entrance, Connecticut. It is the nation's fifth oldest light station and the seventh oldest U.S. lighthouse; it is both the oldest and the tallest lighthouse in Connecticut.History
The original New London Harbor Lighthouse was built on the west side of the entrance to New London Harbor in 1760. It was removed when the current stone tower was built in 1801. In 1855 a fourth-order Fresnel lens replaced the original 11 lamps with 13-inch (330 mm) reflectors.