Naval Lodge Elks BuildingEdit profile
The Naval Lodge Elks Building, also known as Naval Lodge No. 353 BPOE Temple was first envisioned on September 28, 1896 when the city leaders of Port Angeles, Washington met with members of the Navy to found Naval Lodge No. 353 of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks. The lodge also received special approval from the national Grand Lodge of Elks to become the only Elks Lodge in the country whose name was not based on its location. The lodge was built in 1927. It is still used today as an Elks Lodge.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.