Municipal Museum of the CityEdit profile
Coordinates: 32°57′44″S 60°39′25″W / 32.96222°S 60.65694°W / -32.96222; -60.65694
The Museum of the City (in Spanish, Museo de la Ciudad) is a museum in Rosario, Argentina. It is located on 2300 Oroño Boulevard, on a corner of the Parque de la Independencia, and administered by the municipal government of the city. It was created on 24 August 1981, during the administration of mayor Alberto Natale.
The museum was originally located on 1540 Oroño Bvld., in a property destined to be the mayor's residence. In the 1990s, the museum was moved to a new seat, built in 1902 for the use of the park administration and the Gardener's Apprentice School. The building was restored and adapted to its new functions, and the museum was officially re-opened there on 27 August 1993.
The museum's collection is heterogeneous. It is composed of more than 7,000 objects, mostly everyday items, of variable intrinsic value, plus photographic and printed documents, books and periodic publications, from the late 19th century and all the 20th century.