Municipal Buildings, LiverpoolEdit profile
Municipal Buildings, Dale Street, Liverpool, England, was built by the town council to accommodate the growing number of administrative staff. It was started in 1860 by John Weightman, and finished by E.R. Robson in 1866. It is still in use today and is the main site for public access to the council.
The design of the building was influenced by both Italian and French Renaissance. Around the balcony are sixteen sandstone figures representing the arts, sciences and industries of Liverpool. In the centre of the building is the tower, with its balconies, clocks and five bells. The four quarter bells are hung for English-style Change Ringing. A pyramidal spire is situated atop the tower.