Mulford T. Hunter House
The Mulford T. Hunter House is a private residence located at 77 W. Hancock Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.

History
Mulford Hunter was a captain of Great Lakes steamships, earning enough to become wealthy and, in 1894, he commissioned architect William P. Langley to design a home. Hunter lived there with his daughter, his son-in-law and his grandchild.

Architecture
This structure is a Queen Anne townhouse, one of the few remaining examples in the city of Detroit. The basement is built from large stones, elevating the red brick structure well off the ground. The front facade is asymmetric, with a dominating bay window on one side and a one-story porch on the other. The porch features Ionic columns atop raised pedestals, and the front door has an elliptical fanlight framed by a Syrian arch. Above the porch is an oval window, surrounded by decorative brickwork; other second story windows have similar decoration. Two dormers with leaded windows surmount the facade. The house is directly adjacent to the George W. Loomer House; the two are the only remaining buildings from the 19th century in what was at the time one of Detroit's most fashionable areas.

Building Activity

  • Kiril Georgiev
    Kiril Georgiev activity.buildings_person.create
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com
  • Kiril Pavlov
    Kiril Pavlov activity.buildings_person.create
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com