Mosquito BottleneckEdit profile
Construction of a private house for an art collector in Trinidad.
1) Detection of the mosquito-borne West Nil Fever virus on the island.
2) Mixing this objective paranoia with a desire for safety.
3) Developing a Klein-bottle twist between the two contradictory data:
humans and insects.
4) Living and dying of mosquitoes in the house trap.
5) Introducing a fragile structure and materials, like fabric netting everywhere, in recognition of the geographic position of this island, naturally protected against hurricanes.
6) Weaving together all the surfaces of the house – floor, façade and roof – with plastic
wire and plastic shrink-wrap.
7) Resonance between the buzzing of the mosquitoes and the vibration of the structure.
Description from the architects