Mordialloc railway station, MelbourneEdit profile
Mordialloc is a railway station in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, located in the suburb of Mordialloc, on the Frankston railway line. Mordialloc is classed as a Premium Station and is in Metcard Zone 2.
Mordialloc is located between the Bear and McDonald Street level crossings, with station access from Nepean Highway, Bear and McDonald Streets.
The station consists of two side platforms; Platform 1 has a large weatherboard building housing an enclosed waiting area, ticket facilities and toilets, while platform 2 has a smaller weatherboard building. A large Metcard ticket vending machine is located inside the waiting area, which is able to dispense most ticketing options available and also accept notes and coins, as well as a myki ticket vending machine. A coin-only Metcard ticket vending machine and a myki ticket vending machine are located at the entrance to platform 2. An underpass is situated at the Flinders Street end of the station.
Stabling facilities are located at the Frankston end of the station, whilst a third track is located through the middle of station, but is not normally used except for the Long Island steel freight train and trains shunting into the yard.
Mordialloc station opened on 19 December 1881. From a historic perspective, the Mordialloc Railway Station is representative of a significant period of historic growth and development of Mordialloc. The Mordialloc Railway Station precinct has a number of heritage buildings and elements including the cottage style historic Mordialloc Railway Station Buildings (1882 & 1887); and the last remaining example of Edwardian Railway Water Tower (1910) in Victoria. See for pictures. It was upgraded to a Premium Station on 5 December 1995.
Platforms, services and connecting bus services
- Suburban Metro Trains services to Flinders Street
- Suburban Metro Trains services to Frankston
- 705 Mordialloc – Springvale (Monday to Friday (peak)). Operated by Moorabbin Transit.
- 706 Mordialloc – Chelsea via Aspendale RS, Edithvale RS (Monday to Friday (offpeak)). Operated by Ventura Bus Lines.
- 708 Hampton – Carrum via Highett RS, Southland SC, Mordialloc RS (every day). Operated by Moorabbin Transit.
- 903 Altona – Mordialloc SC via Essendon, Northland SC, Box Hill, Chadstone SC (every day). Operated by Ventura Bus Lines and Westrans.
Entrance to the citybound platform