Miller-Claytor House

Miller-Claytor House is a historic home located at Riverside Park in Lynchburg, Virginia. It is a two-story, white framed structure, sheathed with beaded weatherboards. It is believed to be the fourth house erected in the new town in 1791, and is probably the oldest extant Lynchburg dwelling. In 1936, the imminent demolition of the house led to the formation of the Lynchburg Historical Society and the subsequent removal of the house to its present site.

It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via