Middleton Depot, Chicago, Milwaukee, and St. Paul RailroadEdit profile
The Middleton Depot, Chicago, Milwaukee, and St. Paul Railroad is a railway depot built by the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad (also known as The Milwaukee Road) in 1895 in Middleton, Wisconsin.
The depot is a rectangular single-story wood-frame building. It was built to replace an earlier depot that burned. The depot consisited of a passenger waiting room, a freight room and a station agent's office.
The depot served passenger trains until 1960 and was used as a freight depot until 1975. The depot was sold to the City of Middleton, which uses it as a senior citizen's center.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places because of its architecture and also because of its association with the development of railroads in Middleton and Wisconsin.