Merri railway station, MelbourneEdit profile
Merri is a railway station in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, located in the suburb of Northcote, on the Epping railway line. Merri is unmanned and is in Metcard Zone 1.
Merri is located at the southern end of the Charles Street level crossing, with station access from Railway, South Park and Charles Streets.
The station consists of two side platforms; Platform 1 has a large weatherboard building, while platform 2 has a small brick building. A large Metcard ticket vending machine is located at the entrance to platform 1, which is able to dispense most ticketing options available and also accept notes and coins. A coin-only Metcard ticket vending machine is located at the entrance to platform 2. Myki ticket vending machines are also located at the entrances to platform 1 & platform 2.
Merri station opened on 8 October 1889 as Northcote. It was renamed Merri in 1906.
Platforms, services and connecting services
- Suburban Metro Trains services to Flinders Street.
- Suburban Metro Trains services to Epping.
- 506 Moonee Ponds - Westgarth via Moonee Ponds bus terminus, Dawson Street, Glenlyon Street, Miller Street, terminus at High Street & Merri Parade.
- 958 City (Crown Casino) - Eltham (NightRider service).
- Tram route 86 Docklands (Waterfront City) - Bundoora RMIT via Spencer Street, Bourke Street, Queens Parade, High Street, Plenty Road.
- Tram route 112 West Preston - St Kilda via Gilbert Road, St Georges Road, Brunswick Street, Collins Street, Spencer Street, Clarendon Street, Albert Road, Mills Street, Park Street.