McBee Methodist Church

McBee Methodist Church, also known as McBee Chapel, is an historic octagonal-shaped yellow brick Methodist church building located on Main street in Conestee, Greenville County, South Carolina. Built in 1842, it was designed by wheelwright John Adams and named for Vardry McBee (1775-1864), the "Father of Greenville," who gave the money to build it.

On March 23, 1972, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com