Mauretania Public HouseEdit profile
Coordinates: 51°27′12″N 2°36′6″W / 51.45333°N 2.60167°W / 51.45333; -2.60167
The Mauretania Public House is on Park Street, Bristol.
It was built in 1870 by Henry Masters, with a rear extension being added in 1938 by WH Watkins. It has been designated by English Heritage as a grade II listed building.
Some of the furnishings from the RMS Mauretania were installed in a bar/restaurant complex at the bottom of Park Street, initially called "Mauretania", now "Java". The lounge bar was the library with mahogany panelling: above the first-class Grand Saloon with French-style gilding overlooks Frog Lane. The neon sign on the south wall still advertises the "Mauretania": installed in 1938 this was the first moving neon sign in Bristol.