Marysville Opera HouseEdit profile
The Marysville Opera House, located in Marysville, Washington, is a performance hall and meetinghouse constructed in 1911. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. Built by the local chapter of the Independent Order of Oddfellows, it provided the citizens of Marysville with a place to host social functions and also provided the then-remote community with a place for traveling groups of performers to give shows. It is also notable for being the second poured concrete structure in Snohomish County, Washington in a time when the vast majority of buildings (including the previous structure on this site, which burned down) were made of timber, a mainstay of the local economy, or using masonry. It cost US$20,000 to construct, a considerable sum for such a small community at the time. Although performances and meetings ceased in the 1960's, the facility can be rented for weddings and other social events.