Marrowstone LighthouseEdit profile
The Marrowstone Point Lighthouse is located on Marrowstone Point, which is located at the northern tip of Marrowstone Island and forms the eastern entrance to Port Townsend Bay in Washington, USA. The point was first marked by a lens lantern on a pole in 1888. A fog bell was added to the station in 1896, and a one-and-a-half-story dwelling was constructed on the point to house Marrowstone Point’s first station keeper, Osmond Hale Morgan (1826–1907), a sea captain, who came from Whidbey Island with his wife, Frances Elizabeth (Avery) Morgan (1833–1899), and five children. In 1912, the light was placed on a small, concrete structure.
Mariners complained that the fog bell at the point was often inaudible, so a small, square cement building outfitted with three large trumpets was put into service in 1918, solving the fog signal problem. The light was eventually mounted on top of the fog signal building.