Margaret Sanger ClinicEdit profile
In the Margaret Sanger Clinic, discreetly housed in a brick townhouse at 17 West 16th Street, New York City, (Edward Mesier, architect, 1846), Margaret Sanger promoted safe, harmless contraception from 1930 to 1973. Margaret Sanger whose close friend Otto Bobsein is credited with first using the term "birth control" in 1914, had over 30 nurses assisting patients and training other medical practitioners.
The building was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1993.
It is now privately owned.