Madame John's LegacyEdit profile
Madame John's Legacy is a house in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Louisiana. The name is taken from a story by George Washington Cable. The house was built in 1788, after a fire destroyed much of the neighborhood. The house was rebuilt in the older French colonial style, rather than the then current Spanish style.
It was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1970.
The site was restored at a cost of $265,000 during 1972-1974.
The Louisiana State Museum owns the house and provides tours.