MacKay United ChurchEdit profile
MacKay United Church is a United Church of Canada church in the New Edinburgh neighbourhood of Ottawa, Canada. The church was founded in 1875 on land donated by William MacKinnon, grandson of Thomas McKay, and the founder of New Edinburgh and namesake of the church. The building was expanded in 1924 and the entire structure was demolished for a new building completed in 1910. It was originally called MacKay Presbyterian, but became MacKay United, on June 10, 1925. The church is located at the intersection of Dufferin and MacKay at the southwest corner of the Rideau Hall estate. MacKay's present minister is Rev.Dr. John Montgomery.