Lucketts SchoolEdit profile
The Lucketts School in Lucketts, Virginia was built in 1913. It is a wood-frame schoolhouse with elements of Colonial Revival and Craftsman style. It was originally known as Lucketts High School and was expanded in 1919 with additional classrooms and in 1929 with a small auditorium. It was one of the first multi-room schools in Loudoun County, and remains one of the best-preserved early 20th century schools in the county. The last high school students graduated from Lucketts in 1938, but the school was used as an elementary school until 1972 when a new Lucketts Elementary School was built on an adjoining site. Education still continues here in the form of certified child care offered to residents of Loudoun County.
In an effort to preserve the old school for community use the first Lucketts Fair was held in 1972, a tradition which has continued as a means of financing the maintenance of the building. It is now operated as the Lucketts Community Center by the Loudoun County Department of Parks and Recreation.
The Community Center is currently undergoing another round of extensive renovations.