Lower Humbert Covered BridgeEdit profile
The Lower Humbert Covered Bridge, or the Faidley Covered Bridge, is an 126-foot-6-inch (38.56 m) Burr Arch truss covered bridge that crosses Laurel Hill Creek, in Lower Turkeyfoot Township, Somerset County in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. It was built in 1891 and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 10, 1980. It is one of the ten remaining covered bridges in Somerset County.History
The covered bridge was built in 1891. It was rebuilt in 1991, with extensive reinforcement work done on the abutments. A homemade explosive device caused minor damage to bridge deck in January 2006.