Louis Johnson BuildingEdit profile
The Louis Johnson Building (also known as the Johnson Building) is a historic site in Largo, Florida. It is located at 161 1st Street, Southwest. On December 3, 1987, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The building was originally built as a hotel by Louis Steele Johnson in 1911. In the 1950s, the hotel was converted to the Johnson Brothers Auto Machine and Supply Company. Today the first floor of the building is vacant while the second floor is the residence of Johnson's granddaughter, Joyce Siegel.References and external links
- Pinellas County listings at National Register of Historic Places
- Johnson Building at Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs
- St. Petersburg Times "Is it a Historic Hotel or a Hideous Hovel?"