Locko Park is a privately owned 18th century country house, near Spondon, Derbyshire. It is a Grade II* listed building. The estate was acquired by William Gilbert from William Byrde in 1563. The oldest part of the house is the chapel of 1669. The main south facing block of the present house, built about 1725, has three storeys and nine bays and a substantial Tuscan porch. The architect is believed to have been Francis Smith of Warwick. John Lowe purchased the estate in 1747 from the last descendant of the Gilbert family. In 1790 the property was bequeathed to William Drury who became William Drury-Lowe. He employed William Emes to landscape the park. His daughter and heir married Robert Holden in 1800. Their son William also took the name Drury-Lowe in 1849. Substantial additions were made to the house in the 19th century by architect Henry Stevens of Derby, including, the present west range, the parapet to which bears the dates 1804 and 1896, and the Italianate tower which rises above it dating from 1853. The porch to the east front is dated 1861. The house remains in the ownership of the family and is not generally open to the public, although it is available for corporate and private functions. Several members of the Drury-Lowe family have served as High Sheriff of Derbyshire.