Liverpool Medical InstitutionEdit profile
Liverpool Medical Institution on Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, England at the junction with Hope Street, traces its origins back to Liverpool Medical Library in 1779. Today it exists to foster an environment for furthering medical education and knowledge, as a multi-disciplinary and multi-specialty postgraduate level organisation with a varied programme of weekly meetings. Its facilities are available for hire for meetings and conferences. On the July 23 1964 the organisation was granted a royal charter. The current building opened in May 1837 and is a grade II* listed building. The building has a fine lecture theatre which has remained basically unchanged in layout since it was first opened. It seats about 110 individuals and today has full computer projection facilities and Video conferencing. Other parts of the building house an historical library collection as well as a collection of medical instruments. An extension to the building added a further two seminar rooms as well as a library reading room.