Lippendorf Power Station
Lippendorf Power Station is a lignite-fired power station in Lippendorf, which is located in the municipality of Neukieritzsch, near Leipzig in Saxony, Germany. The power plant is owned and operated by Vattenfall.

Old power station
The Lippendorf old power station was built between 1964 and 1968. It generated 1800 megawatts (MW) having four units by 400 MW and one by 200 MW. The old power station was decommissioned in 2000 when the new power station became operational. The power station had a 300 metres (980 ft) tall chimney, which was built in 1967 and dismantled in 2005.

Modernization
Lippendorf Power Station was replaced between 1997 and 2000 by a modern power plant, which has two units by the capacity of 933 MW each. The plant also has a district heating capability of 300 MW. The plant was the biggest private building project in Saxony.