Lincliff
Lincliff is a Georgian Revival house in Glenview, Kentucky, a small city east of Louisville, Kentucky where wealthy Louisvillians began building estates around 1900. Lincliff was built in 1911-1912 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.

Description
Lincliff is a three-story, stuccoed structure with a hipped roof, dormers and interior chimneys. The windowsills, lintels, and quoins are of limestone. The horizontal plan incorporates a rather simple entry on the south facade which leads through a compact vestibule and staircase to a transverse hall lined with north-facing windows. The hall, which has an elaborate, plaster strapwork ceiling, terminates in a parlor or salon at the west end and in a service wing at the east end. On the north side of the house is a stone terrace overlooking the Ohio River. There had been no additions or alterations to the house when it was added to the Register in 1983. The house has an extensive garden. In the 1940s and 1950s, garden designs were planned by Mary Louise Speed, a Louisville landscape architect. The site also contains two stuccoed cottages built in 1911-12, probably for servants, a gardener, or caretaker. The property was listed as being significant because it is one of the finest example of the lavish houses built around Louisville, especially east of Downtown Louisville, between the American Civil War and World War 1. According to its official inventory, "Lincliff emphasizes the aspirations of its builders in a manner which, although sometimes lavish to the point of extravagance, maintains a proper attitude of tradition, restraint, and task". The original 50-acre (200,000 m 2) estate has gradually been subdivided, but the property retains 15 acres (61,000 m 2).

History
Lincliff was built in 1911-12 for William R. Belknap, president of W. B. Belknap and Company, then one of the largest wholesale hardware firms in the Midwest. The Belknap family is prominent in Louisville history, and lends its name to the main campus of the University of Louisville. William R. Belknap hired local architects Kenneth McDonald (1852-1940) and William J. Dodd (1862-1930) to design Lincliff. William R. Belknap died in 1914, and the Belknap family sold the estate in 1922. In 1945, C. Edwin Gheens, owner of Bradas and Gheens Candy Company, purchased Lincliff with his wife. She lived in the house until her death in 1982. Helen Combs purchased the house in 1983. Combs was well known in Louisville for restoring, often saving from destruction or conversion to apartments, numerous Louisville mansions including Rostrevor, Gardencourt and Boxhill. Her renovation of Lincliff was featured as the 1983 Bellarmine Women's Council Designer's Show House. Combs lived in Lincliff for several years after restoring it. Mystery writer Sue Grafton is the most recent owner of the house.