Leopold Square
Leopold Square is a new mixed use development in Sheffield's West End, England. It is located at the corner of Leopold Street and West Street. The development, by Ask Developments and Gleeson's in collaboration with local architects AXIS Architecture, comprises the refurbishment of the former Central Technical School buildings built between 1870 and 1894 into: apartments, bars & restaurants, and a hotel. The development also has a new angular building to house a bar and a restaurant, and the creation of a brand new public square. The redevelopment of the old buildings began in 2004 following years of use as council offices after the closure of the Schools. Leopold Square is Sheffield's best new building as voted for by people living and working in the city. At an awards ceremony held at the Showroom on 16 February 2011, the scheme won the People's Award as part of the Sheffield Design Awards 2010 - an event sponsored by Sheffield Civic Trust and RIBA Yorkshire every two years.

Public Square
The public square is surrounded by the original buildings from the old technical school that was home to such luminaries as Peter Stringfellow, and a dynamic new building fronting onto West Street. These buildings house 9 individual bars and restaurants and the 4 star hotel. The square is marked with an illuminated water feature and a tree lined square. Benches specially designed for the square have been cast by an artist out of Bronze and will provide resting places under the trees around the central square. The new angular building is built from locally sourced stone and genuine bronze cladding.

Residential courtyard
To the west of the site the smaller former school buildings have been converted to residential use and the new apartments surround a private courtyard. The apartments are unusual and often occupy double height spaces and contain retained existing features. The entrance to the Holly Building on Holly Street is particularly noteworthy for it ornate timber vestibule.