Leighton Hall, LancashireEdit profile
Leighton Hall is an historic house 0.5 miles (1 km) to the west of Yealand Conyers, Lancashire, England (grid reference SD494744). It is a Grade II* listed building.
It was the seat of the 1642-1673 Middleton Baronetcy of George Middleton. The estate came into the possession of George Towneley of Towneley Hall in Burnley, through his marriage to Mary Hodgson by the 1750s. The present house was built in 1759–61 in Georgian style to a design by John Hird, and the woods replanted and park laid out in 1763. The couple had no children, and the estate was inherited by George’s nephew John, who sold it 1805. The façade was Gothicized in 1822–25 using local white limestone. In 1870 Paley and Austin replaced the west side of the building, and added a tower and a wing.
Featured in the 1984 ITV TV adaptation of The Adventure of the Dancing Men, as Ridling Thorp Manor.