Ledaal is the official residence of the King of Norway in Stavanger.


The main building was built between 1799 and 1803. It was then owned by the merchant Gabriel Schanche Kielland. He gave the estate its present name after the last letters of his and his wife's names: Gabriel Schanche Kielland, Johanna Margaretha Bull. Ledaal was bought by Stavanger Museum in 1936. The estate is today a royal residence, a museum and the representation building of Stavanger municipality.

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 6 years ago via OpenBuildings.com