Las Vegas ClubEdit profile
The Las Vegas Club is a casino-hotel located in downtown Las Vegas, Nevada owned by the Tamares Group and operated by Navegante along with the Plaza Hotel & Casino across Main street.History
The Las Vegas Club installed the first neon sign on a casino in 1930. It was only the second such sign in the city.
The Las Vegas Club used to be across the street from a small park, which is now an ABC Store. It was right next to the Northern Club which is now called La Bayou.
On December 6, 2002 Jackie Gaughan and Barrick Gaming signed an Agreement of Purchase and Sale to sell the Las Vegas Club and three other casinos, including The Plaza and The Gold Strike casinos. Barrick Gaming Corp was in partnership with Tamares Group.
January 19, 2007 saw the opening of a new poker room. The room has since closed.
In March 2007, Tamares announced that it was considering converting the property into a high-rise condo-hotel, however there has been no recent announcements of such a conversion.