Kurtz's Mill Covered BridgeEdit profile
Kurtz's Mill Covered Bridge is a covered bridge that spans Mill Creek in the Lancaster County Park in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, United States. The bridge is also known as the County Park Covered Bridge, Baer's Mill Covered Bridge, Isaac Baer’s Mill Bridge, Keystone Mill Covered Bridge, Binder Tongue Carrier Covered Bridge, and Mill 2A Covered Bridge. The bridge is accessible to road traffic from within the park.
The bridge has a single span, wooden, double burr arch trusses design with the addition of steel hanger rods. The deck is made from oak planks. It is painted red, the traditional color of Lancaster County covered bridges, on both the inside and outside. Both approaches to the bridge are painted in red with white trim.
The bridge's WGCB Number is 38-36-03. Unlike most historic covered bridges in the county, it is not listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is located at 40°0′48.6″N 76°16′59.9″W / 40.0135°N 76.283306°W / 40.0135; -76.283306 (40.0151, -76.2822).History
The bridge was built in 1876 by W. W. Upp over the Conestoga River. In 1972, it was damaged by the floodwaters caused by Hurricane Agnes. It was repaired by David Esh in 1975 and moved to its present location in the Lancaster County Park over Mill Creek, a tributary of the Conestoga River.Dimensions
- Length: 94 feet (28.7 m) span and 90 feet (27.4 m) total length
- Width: 11 feet 8 inches (3.6 m) clear deck and 15 feet (4.6 m) total width
- Overhead clearance: 11 feet 6 inches (3.5 m)
- Underclearance: 19 feet 6 inches (5.9 m)