The Kluuvi shopping centre (Finnish: Kauppakeskus Kluuvi) is a shopping centre on Aleksanterinkatu in the Kluuvi district in central Helsinki, Finland. The shopping centre has about 35 businesses (of which the most notable are Halonen, McDonald's, and Indiska). The shopping centre was opened on March 15, 1989, and was designed by the architect bureau Castren-Jauhiainen-Nuuttila.

The shopping centre comprises the entire western end of the Aasi (donkey) city block. It consists of five buildings (Aleksanterinkatu 7b, Aleksanterinkatu 9, Kluuvikatu 5, Kluuvikatu 7 and Yliopistonkatu 6), which are connected by a light yard covering the entire city block. The Aleksanterinkatu 9 building was formerly an Elanto department store (Veikko Leistén 1952), and its granite façade contains a relief of a working-class family, sculpted by Aimo Tukiainen. The Kluuvikatu 5 and Yliopistonkatu 6 buildings are old residential and business buildings from the 19th century, and only their façades remain to this day. The Aleksanterinkatu 7b and Kluuvikatu 7 buildings were designed by Castren-Jauhiainen-Nuuttila as supplementary buildings for the city block.

The shopping centre can be accessed with the tram lines 3T, 3B, 4, 4T, 7A and 7B, as well as the metro from the Kaisaniemi metro station.

  • Businesses: 35
  • Floors: 3
  • Rentable area / shopping centre: 7600 m²
  • Total rentable area: 15900 m²
  • Distribution of area in the shopping centre:
    • Everyday wares: 100 m²
    • Clothes: 4500 m²
    • Home and free time: 500 m²
    • Other businesses: 600 m²
    • Cafés and restaurants: 1500 m²
    • Other commercial services: 400 m²
  • Parking spaces (P-Kluuvi): 725

Building Activity

  • Georgi Sokolov
    Georgi Sokolov activity.buildings_person.create
    about 5 years ago via