Kirkley Hall is a 17th century historic country mansion and Grade II listed building situated on the bank of the River Blyth at Kirkley, near Ponteland in the heart of the Northumberland countryside, which is now an Horticultural and Agricultural training centre. The manor of Kirkley was granted to the de Eure family in 1267 and Sir William Eure was recorded as in occupation of a tower house there in 1415. In the early 17th century the manor came into the ownership of the Ogle family and in 1632 Cuthbert Ogle built a new manor house close to the site of the old house. A stone lintel preserved over a doorway in the present house bears this date, and the initials and arms of Cuthbert Ogle and his wife Dorothy Fenwick.. Substantial alterations were made to the structure in 1764 by Rev Newton Ogle (1726-1804), Dean of Winchester Cathedral, who also in 1788 erected an obelisk in the grounds commemorating the accession of William and Mary in 1689. The house was substantially rebuilt by Rev John Saville Ogle in about 1832. Notable members of the Ogle family connected with Kirkley include Admiral Sir Chaloner Ogle and Sir Chaloner Ogle, 1st Baronet. See also Baron Ogle and Ogle Baronets. The Ogles disposed of their Kirkley estates in 1922. The Hall which passed to Sir William Noble (later Lord Kirkley) was damaged by fire in 1929 and largely rebuilt by him on a somewhat reduced scale. In 1946 the estate was acquired by the Northumberland County Council and in 1951 Kirkley Hall Farm Institute was established. In 1999 the estate became the land studies campus of Northumberland College. The Hall is available for Corporate and Social events. Weddings are also performed here because of the attractive surroundings which include ornamental gardens and grounds with all plants labelled, wall-trained fruit trees and greenhouse plants.