Kirk in the Hills
Kirk in the Hills Presbyterian ( 1958) in Bloomfield Township, Michigan was designed by architects George D. Mason; Wirt Rowland had made preliminary designs for the church before World War II, but Rowland died in 1946 and the Mason design was not based on the Rowland sketches. Services were held in the Undercroft beginning in 1952 and continued during the construction of the church until a disastrous fire destroyed most of the roof. The Kirk held its first services in the sanctuary on November 23, 1958. The church itself is modeled after Scotland's Melrose Abbey. Set on 40 acres (160,000 m 2) of beautifully landscaped lakeside grounds, Kirk in the Hills constitutes one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in Southeastern Michigan.

Tower and Carillon
The church includes the Tower of the Apostles. The tower, which houses the world's largest carillon in the number of bells contained, was installed in 1960. The Bells were donated by the Roy A. Fruehauf family and the five largest bells are named after the members of the Fruehauf Family: Roy, Ruth, Royce, Randall, and Ruth Ann. Previously Mr. Fruehauf had donated the Organ to the Church after the fire. Mr. Fruehauf was instrumental in the building of the Abbey and made a generous donation just before his death in 1965. The 77-bells range from a 6'10" 6- short ton bourdon to the smallest at 6" 14- pounds.

Sculpture
The church contains sculpture by some of the leading architectural sculptors of the day, Lee Lawrie, Corrado Parducci, and John Angel and stone carver Harry Liva. The interior also contains ceramic tile by Pewabic Pottery. The gardens contain sculpture by Marshall Fredericks.

Sculpture gallery