Kenwood Park Water TowerEdit profile
The Kenwood Park Water Tower is an octagonal brick and stone water tower in the Kenwood neighborhood of Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States. It was built in 1910 and designed by Frederick William Cappelen, the city of Minneapolis engineer at the time. The tower is 110 feet tall, making it the tallest structure in Kenwood. The tower has not been used to store water since 1954. The tower was built to alleviate water pressure and storage problems in the Lowry Hill area. Although the tower is not the work of a master architect or representative of a specific architectural style, its design makes it a piece of architectural historicism. It is ornamented with projecting ribs, narrow rectangular windows, and Lombard bands, suggesting a medieval fortress. The tower serves as a distinct visual focus within the neighborhood.