Kennington Railway BridgeEdit profile
Kennington Railway Bridge near the village of Kennington, Oxfordshire crosses the River Thames between Sandford Lock and Iffley Lock. It carries the freight railway branch line that serves the BMW Mini factory at Cowley. The freight railway is part of the former Wycombe Railway that linked Maidenhead and Oxford via High Wycombe and Princes Risborough. The current steel bridge was built for the Great Western Railway in 1923. It replaced a wooden bridge built for the Wycombe Railway in 1864. At its western end is the site of the former Iffley Halt railway station.