Kennesaw House
The Kennesaw House is a three story historic building in downtown Marietta, Georgia. It houses the Marietta Museum of History on its second and third floors. The building is west of the town square, adjacent to the CSX (originally Western and Atlantic Railroad) tracks.

History
The Kennesaw House was built in 1845, making it one of Marietta's oldest buildings. Intended to be a cotton warehouse, the building was turned into the Fletcher House hotel in 1855 after it was purchased by Dix Fletcher. The Fletcher as it was called was where the Great Locomotive Chase began. While some may claim it started in Big Shanty (now Kennesaw) it started at the Fletcher House. James Andrews, a civilian working with the Union Army, made his way down to Marietta along with disguised Union soldiers in April 1862. On the night of April 11, Andrews and some of the men spent the night at the Fletcher House. A historic reproduction of what the room may have looked like has been re-created at the Marietta Museum of History, in the room that the men supposedly slept in. The men, along with their leader James Andrews boarded the train on April 12th with the rest of the passengers. The Kennesaw House was one of the only buildings in Marietta not burned to the ground during William Tecumseh Sherman's Atlanta Campaign, partly because Fletcher was a Mason, and his son-in-law was a Union spy. In 1920, the first floor was renovated and converted to retail shops. In 1979, the enitre building was renovated. The renovation included removing the white facade from the building and exposing the brick again along with completely demolitioning the interior. The few original parts of the building are the wooden staircases and some of the fireplaces. The 1979 renovation saw the top two floors were converted into offices, with the bottom being the Brickworks restaurant. Finally, in 1996, the Marietta Museum of History assumed occupancy of the second floor then took over the third floor after the Junior League and Southern Basebell Federation left. The second floor features the Museum's exhibits and Museum Store along with some staff offices. The third floor contains the collections storage, a conference room and the rest of the staff offices.