Kaufmann Desert HouseEdit profile
'Located in Palm Springs, California, the Kaufmann House was originally designed by architect Richard Neutra in 1946. The restoration returned the residence to its initial form, size, and aesthetic integrity. An important challenge of the restoration was to re-create the dialogue between nature and sculpture, a difficult undertaking in an area that has grown from a rugged desert into a suburban residential neighborhood.
Extensive archival research of Neutra’s original details was undertaken at the UCLA Special Collections Library Department. Julius Shulman’s original photographs of the house were invaluable in determining the original characteristics of this modern monument.' Marmol Radziner