Kate Mullany House
The Kate Mullany House was the home of Kate Mullany (1845”“1906), an early female labor leader who started the all-women Collar Laundry Union in Troy, New York in February 1864. It was one of the first women's unions that lasted longer than the resolution of a specific issue. The house was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1998. It is now a National Historic Site. It is located at 350 8th Street in Troy, just off NY 7 two blocks east of the Collar City Bridge.

Designation as a National Historic Site
Then First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton toured the house in 2000, and named it as a "treasure". Senator Daniel P. Moynihan had introduced a bill to designate the home as a National Historic Site, but the bill had languished in the United States Senate. Senator Clinton took up the bill in January 2001 when Moynhian retired, and she advocated for the home. There were hearings on the bill, and the Congressional Budget Office undertook an official budget analysis for the United States Congress. The bill was co-sponsored by Senator Clinton and Representative Mike McNulty, supported by organized labor, and passed both houses of Congress.

Recognition of the house
The Kate Mullany House is recognized by a number of government agencies and charities as an important historic site. Both the house, and Kate Mullany's grave, are preserved as historic sites by an affiliate of the Federal government. Wiawaka, a women's camp in Lake George, New York, has memorialized the house. The New York State Senate honored the house and its most famous resident for Women's History Month in March 2007. The house is also on the New York Women's Heritage Trail.