Kansas City Live Stock Exchange

Edit profile
Kansas City Live Stock Exchange
The Kansas City Live Stock Exchange at 1600 Gennesse in Kansas City, Missouri in the West Bottoms was the headquarters of the Kansas City Stockyards. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is owned by Bill Haw.

Architecture
The building, which began construction in 1909 and was completed in 1911, was the largest livestock exchange building in the world (according to Livestock Exchange Building website-history). In 1957, a one story addition was constructed on the south side of the building for the Golden Ox Restaurant which had opened in the building in 1949. The building has been renovated and currently serves as an office building with numerous business and personal services, including but not limited to, a coffee shop that also serves breakfast and lunch, barber/stylist, a health club including a masseuse, and a U.S. Post Office (the post office closed as of December 2008.)