Jungshoved ChurchEdit profile
Jungshoved Church is a Danish romanesque church situated on the Jungshoved peninsula, nearby the banks of Stavreby cove, on the place where Jungshoved castle lay in former times.
The oldest part of the church is built in the years 1225-1250 in late romanesque style, while the last part of the church is built in the 1500 century in late gothic style.
The baptismal font and altarpiece are decorated with reliefs by Bertel Thorvaldsen. The pulpit in High Renaissance is created approximately 1605-10 in the Schrøder workshop in Næstved. Remainders of gothic frescos are visible on the curvatures and to the north wall of the choir. The church is brick-hung and whitewashed.