Joseph Reynolds House

The Joseph Reynolds House is a National Historic Landmark in Bristol, Rhode Island built in 1700. It is located on Hope Street (RI 114). According to the National Park Service, it is "he oldest known 3-story upright structure in Rhode Island, and perhaps the earliest wooden structure of its form extant in New England, it features some of the most elaborate interior decoration of its era.". The Marquis de Lafayette and his staff in 1778 used the buildings as headquarters during the Battle of Rhode Island. It was made a Landmark in 1983.

References and external links

Building Activity

  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via Annotator
  • OpenBuildings
    OpenBuildings updated a digital reference and added a digital reference
    about 5 years ago via OpenBuildings.com