Jordan Point LightEdit profile
The Jordan Point Light was a lighthouse located on Jordan Point on the James River in Virginia, near the south end of the present Benjamin Harrison Memorial Bridge.History
The history of this station is confused at points, but it appears that a light was first constructed on the point in 1855. This consisted of a keeper's house with a masthead light on the roof. Erosion at the point threatened this building, and it was torn down in 1875 (or possibly 1870) and replaced with a pyramidal wooden tower. A new, separate, keeper's house was built in 1888.
Erosion continued to eat away at the projecting point, and in 1927 the whole station was abandoned. In 1941 a new skeleton tower was erected at the site of the old tower; the skeleton tower is in service as the rear light of the Jordan Point Range, Light List #2-12420.