John Gridley HouseEdit profile
The John Gridley House is located in the southern section of Syracuse, New York. This section of Syracuse was originally known as Onondaga Hollow, and was settled thirty years before the City of Syracuse. The John Gridley House is significant as one of few houses remaining of the original Onondaga Hollow settlement. The two story Federal style house was built around 1812 of local limestone. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.
The house was built by the same stonemasons who built the Gen. Hutchinson House on Onondaga Hill, several miles away along the same route, the Seneca Turnpike. In 2010 a historic plaque was placed in front of the house.
Eastern end of the house
Entrance as it was in 1936
Fireplace in the parlor
Archway between parlor and sitting room